Anticipating and managing the impact of digital technology on transportation A new high-quality program, unique in France, run by two engineering schools specializing in transportation and digital technology: Télécom ParisTech and École des Ponts ParisTech.
Digital technologies are to be found everywhere in all forms of mobility. Travelers have access to solutions that are both simple and powerful, and more and more innovative services, to organize their journeys. On the supply side, customer relations, operations, maintenance, and investment planning have been profoundly transformed. New practices made possible by autonomous vehicles, car sharing, and ridesharing, now pose big challenges to mobility patterns and are transforming value chains and business models in the sector.
The Advanced Master - Mastère Spécialisé® in Smart Mobility proposes a high-level technical and managerial program, which notably tackles:
- The organization of mobility systems,
- Transportation systems,
- The possibilities opened up by information processing,
- The design and management of mobility services.
- Teaching based on numerous case studies and extensive input from specialists.
- A teaching team combining teachers and researchers from both schools – to teach the most advanced theories and practices – and working professionals – to stay in contact with the needs and applications of companies.
- Numerous contacts with companies, through projects on real-world data, tradeshows…
- Group-based discussion and analysis.
- The upcoming support of a club of founding partners: including RENAULT, the Île-de-France Region, Setec, and SNCF.
Who is the program for?
The Advanced Master - Mastère Spécialisé® in Smart Mobility is an Executive, post-Masters, or post-engineering degree program, intended to build upon and specialize an initial degree in engineering (Masters level)).
Applicants must have a two-year Masters level degree in transportation systems engineering, in industrial or mechanical engineering, in systems architecture, or in computer science. A one-year Masters degree, plus at least three years of professional experience in the field concerned, is also sufficient.
The program is also open to candidates without a Masters degree, but who can demonstrate several years’ experience at Engineer or Manager level in the transportation or engineering sectors.
Extensive career opportunities opened up by the impact of digital technologies on transportation.
The Advanced Master - Mastère Spécialisé® program stands at the intersection of two professional worlds: on the one hand the mobility professions, with the chance to play a role in the great digital transformation currently underway; on the other hand the digital technologies sector, with big possibilities in transportation-related processes and activities.
Career openings through the MS Smart Mobility
- Project manager, new mobility services 3.0
- Project manager, “Digital Transition” in the transportation sector
- Digital officer
- Technical department director
- Designer and developer of “transportation services”, solutions architect
- Transit system designer or planner
- Head of mobility information systems
The jobs concerned by the Advanced Master - Mastère Spécialisé® in Smart Mobility are to be found in companies in the transportation or information technology sectors, both large and small, and in the public sector:
- regional authorities and transit authorities
- mobility services
- operators of passenger or freight services or infrastructures
- innovative energy operators and distributors (smart grids)
- engineering-consultancy offices
- digital industry: IT engineering service companies, software publishers, IT construction firms, telecoms operators, IT equipment suppliers…
- innovative digital start-ups involved in transit modernization.